Monday, October 7, 2013

Knitty Kitty!

Now that fall has arrived, I'm in the mood to do a little knitting again. I started a scarf for Steven yesterday, and today I stopped by my favorite shop to buy some new needles so that I can finally take the plunge and learn how to knit in the round. (Wish me luck with that!)

Getting back into the knitting groove reminded me of a knit project that I worked on earlier this year that I haven't shared here yet: a knit kitty cat!

I wanted to use up some spare yellow cotton yarn that I had in my craft stash, and I wanted to make a toy cat for the baby who will be coming into our lives (through adoption) at some point sooner or later. I googled around a bit for ideas and found this cute little pattern to base my project on. 

And here's how he turned out:


He's got a bit of a wonky look to him, but I still think he's kind of sweet. And it was good for me to let go of my perfectionist tendencies and just let a project evolve for a change!


Meow! Tune in here again in a couple days to see another baby-related project: the beat-up thrift store dresser that I made over into a changing table for our nursery!

No comments:

Post a Comment